difference in lump and briquettes!!

(nakedwiz).com Gives you everything there is on lump and briquettes.Great site,just wanna know who spent this much time researching it. I use royal oak from Wallyworld. Good ratings

Sorry, But better use(( nakedwhiz)) or you might get something you don't want

i find that after about a 5 hour cook on my uds, i have only burned 15-20% of my kingsford lump. i also just close the vents and on the next cook i just shake the burned ash out of the firebox, add a few coals and start over again!!:mrgreen:

Kid,
Close your vents when you are taking the lid off, actually a little before, and you won't get as much of a spike. Just have to remember to reopen.
Last time I did that, I thought my fire went out as well, but 1/2 hour later it was hot again. Just must have shut the fire way down. :biggrin:

I usually do but I was not having the best of days...LOL

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47752

and I do think If I had let it sit with the open vents it would have fired back up but 10 degrees in the oven was ok by me.

Desert Dweller said:
"Well, it wood seem that I need to try lump, don't ya think?"

I do think lump is the way to go!

funny you bring this up - we experimented with lump this weekend on 4 racks of ribs. 1 WSM with 2 funnles of K and the other WSM with a funnel and a 1/2 of Cowboy.

Lump smelled much better, did not leave that odd flavor in the meat that K does and it did burn hotter and faster. I liked it better.

Just imagine what it'll be like when you try some real lump.

(Cowboy=not-so-good-lump)

Back