• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Pulled Beef Party

Greendriver

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
BIL raised him some beef and and the 3 of these roast was from his cow and for our annual Christmas dinner today. Wanted me to cook em but didn’t know what cut of beef he wanted and I wouldn’t tell him so this is what he chose. The one top left was an Arm Roast and the other two with bones were Bone In Chuck and I had couple of boneless USDA Chucks from Sam’s I’d planned to grind for burger meat and decided to cook one of them as well to see how they compared and was really shocked that his meat was better and quite a bit better in fact. It just pulled much better. He said it was young but plenty big and had been fed a lot of grain and was still sucking tit. Tried something for the first time on these and that was “no rub”, except for a little I put in the marinade (no injection either). I will be marinating my briskets from now on whether I inject or not, I just really liked the way they turned out. The neat surprise from BIL on this whole thing was I got a 3 bone Prime Rib for cooking his chuck.

SDC11222.jpg

SDC11223.jpg

SDC11224.jpg

Nice looking job there, yup, beef can be so good with a connection to the rancher or 'raiser' of the beef.

Please tell me the marrow from that leg bone didn't go to waste!! That stuff is good. Looks like a feast right there. I'd be hitting pieces left and right as I pulled it. Nice!!

All that's missing there is a bag of buns and me. Yummy! Great Job!

Back