Brethren, if I die by tomorrow, this is why...

bigabyte

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
So it was approaching dinner time and I needed to come up with something. The family had been living off of brisket, pork, beans, etc, all the 4th stuff I started cooking up last Tuesday that went through Monday. The last couple nights, they have not been wanting any of the leftovers.:tsk:

The last thing I cooked was this particular brisket flat right here. It went longer than expected and I pulled it off at 3am. I had been up many nights already and just wanted to be done. So I bagged up this brisket flat whole to deal with later.

Today was later.

Now, even I have been having a little trouble smiling at the thought of another brisket sandwich after over a week of having it morning, noon and night practically. However, the bark was calling to me. I really wanted to eat some of the brisket to taste that heavenly bark. Every time I reached in to grab the flat to slice it and make a sandwich though, I had second thoughts and started thinking I would rather have something else.

Then it hit me. I already knew what I wanted. I just had to DO IT!:becky:

I took the brisket flat out of the fridge, still cold.

r_IMG_0569.jpg

This is what I was really wanting...

r_IMG_0571.jpg

So I started by trimming off the edges...

r_IMG_0573.jpg

...and with a little knife work I wound up with a flat of meat, and a pile of bark...

r_IMG_0574.jpg

I then flipped it all over so you could see what was left on the meat and the bark.

r_IMG_0575.jpg

I did a quick rough chop on the bark, or burnt ends if you prefer...

r_IMG_0576.jpg

...and grabbed a decent sized kaiser roll to put it on.

r_IMG_0577.jpg

It looked like I would really need to pile the meat on...

r_IMG_0579.jpg

I was able to get this much on the bun, which was about half of the burnt ends...

r_IMG_0580.jpg

I was so farking happy about the whole thing I just bit right into it right there!:becky:

r_IMG_0583.jpg

It was grand!:thumb: So I took a second bite...

r_IMG_0584.jpg

The third bite proved the kaiser bun was unworthy and could not tolerate this level of awesomeness.

r_IMG_0585.jpg

So I grabbed a fork...

r_IMG_0586.jpg

...and it kind of turned into a game of "eat just the meat".

r_IMG_0587.jpg

By the end of the ordeal, just some crumbs of the kaiser roll remained.

r_IMG_0588.jpg

I still have half of the shaved and chopped bark. I'm considering seconds.:shock:

The only reason you survived was because I didn't have my 9 to get ahead of you in line.

The reason you will die is because the voodoo doll I have with your name on it will finally start working. Piece of junk. Where's my cert farker?

Great meal play it safe and send me the left overs. You survived beause you did not finish all the carbs in the kaiser

Just myself. Like I said, the family wasn't interested in any more brisket or pork leftovers. So it was just me tonight. And yes, I ate right off the cutting board!:laugh: It was great!

No, I am not waiting for a certificate, I hope to maintain my status as uncertified.

The title of this thread should be "Brethren, if I die tomorrow with a smile on my face, this is why..."

Nice looking meal!

you know, its folks like you who make life difficult now i gotta go make a spam sammy to feel better.

A brisket bark sammie????!!!!!

I'll bet THAT didn't suck!:becky::thumb:

I'm still scratching my head. I've seen it in my family and you tell me it exists in yours too. How do people get tired of eating BBQ? Just don't understand. I could eat brisket every single day and still crave it. :tsk:

I'm still scratching my head. I've seen it in my family and you tell me it exists in yours too. How do people get tired of eating BBQ? Just don't understand. I could eat brisket every single day and still crave it. :tsk:
There was a period of time I could do that. It all started changing about a couple years back. It's all cool though, just makes me cook a larger variety of things now. I can make it about 4 or 5 days straight, my wife and kids only about 3 or 4 days.

Back