Group Discussion #2 Hats, hairnets, both or none?

B

bbqjoe

Open discussion here. No poll.

Do you wear a hat when handling or serving food?
Do you wear a hairnet?
What are your practices and thoughts?

Hair gets tied back and I usually throw a bandana on. I am sure that a hair net is better, but..........

have short hair and cant grow a beard to save my life, but i allways wear a hat no matter where i am at except at church and my grandmothers house. so the answer is C bob "a hat"

if i put a hairnet on, i would look like a chunk of hanging cheese.
cheese_hanging_17.jpg

I always wear a hat at comps, but its just part of the team uniform. Isnt alot going on on my head to be concerned about. :rolleyes:

Hat. Hairnets are for.... fast food chain teenage employees. they make beard nets too. For those in the trade (I'm not anymore)--ever notice how a customer never finds the hair till the last bite or spoonful?

BigDaddy
www.davidheffner.com

I'd need a hairnet the size of a sleeping bag. I'm a seriously furry dude.

I don't wear a hat in the house, that's something you just don't do where and how I was raised.

My hair is short, I don't wear a hat unless it is hot/sunny. I do wear a durag on the weekends while cooking. To be honest more from forgetting to take it off in the AM then anything else, the family has yet to find a hair, I never gave it much thought.

I am a bald man, I do wear a cowboy hat at comps thats just part of the show.

H.I.G. Clearly states that hair must be restrained.
It's kind of a gray issue. Alot depends upon your personal inspector.
But for obvious reasons, we want to keep our hair out of the food.
Besides nothing is more embarressing than someone pointing out a hair in the food.
I have often wondered if it wasn't one of their own, or another party at the table. But having your hair restrained helps alleviate the question.

I never wear a hair net at home and very rarely a hat unless I'm outdoors. never think about it at home as my hair is very short.

However, for a period when I worked in the kitchen of a corporate kitchen/cafeteria I had something on my head for the entire.

Back