• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Flank Steak Carne Asada

DerHusker

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
[FONT=&quot]So I’m on a taco roll this weekend. Today I marinated some Flank Steak for Carne Asada. All the ingredients are the same as in my Street taco post ([/FONT][FONT=&quot]http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=227459) only doubled as this steak was over twice as big. Unfortunately it’s also twice as expensive. (This is why flap meat is so popular around these parts) [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Here’s the flank steak ready to be butterflied. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I simply took my craving knife and elevated it slightly with a 1/4" cutting broad and slid it back and forth giving me a fairly uniform cut.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Into a gallon Ziploc with the marinate for a 6 hour get happy nap. (Flipping every 1/2 hour or so)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]While the meat was resting I made up some Mexican rice and some frijoles. (Recipe link: http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=223944)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Once it was close to dinner time I got my Weber OTS ready and lite up some charcoal in my chimney.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Once it was up to temp I put on the meat.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]While it was cooking I made up some fresh tortillas.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Meat is done.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Once everything was done I cut up the meat into 1/2" strips.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I then set up the taco cart, errr I mean bar and we sat down to eat. (My little boy liked the smell)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Plated here with a Negra Modelo.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Muy delicioso! [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]So is this better than the less expensive flap meat? IMHO it was. The meat was a bit juicier[/FONT][FONT=&quot] (due to being thicker) [/FONT][FONT=&quot] and great flavor. The flap meat is really good but this was better. Maybe not twice the price better, but better for sure. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Thanks for looking.[/FONT]

WOW, that bag of "happy nap juice" looks like it could be a freaking SOUP! never seen a marinade quite like it! BUT DANG IT LOOKS GOOD!!!!

Awesome!

I really like your press, may I ask where you got it from?

Back