Beef & Bok Choy Dinner

R2Egg2Q

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
I picked up some flank steak the other day and figured I'd wok up something in the Egg while my in-laws are visiting. Tonight I took a little inspiration from a beef & tofu recipe in the Breath of a Wok book I have except I didn't have any tofu so I opted for something I did have which was bok choy.

Here's a few cell pics (no time to dig out my DSLR during the cook tonight).

I sliced up the flank steak into strips, seasoned it up, and got it into the wok in my Large egg along with a little green onions and ginger:
IMG_0847.jpg

Cooked it for about 1 1/2 minutes, then added the bok choy:
IMG_0850.jpg

and some oyster sauce, corn starch, water mix:
IMG_0851.jpg

and sat down to a simple but tasty dinner:
IMG_0854.jpg

I will definitely be doing this again.

Thx for looking!

Good looking eats.

I'm planning on making some Chicken & Broccoli later in the week myself, I've been on an Asian food kick for about a month now. Bok Choy is so GOOD.

THat looks great john!! Well, not the rice, its not sticky enough! LOL!

Looks like I need to start shopping for a wok.

Bok choy is one of my kids' favorite veggies. I need something bigger that a cast iron skillet to cook it in.

That dish looks outstanding, Well done.

Looks as if I need to do some shopping to set up my egg that way. Looks great!

Wow, that looks great John! Did you do anything to tenderize that flank steak beforehand or did the thin pieces take care of that? I love a good stir fry and that looks awesome.

Wow, that looks great John! Did you do anything to tenderize that flank steak beforehand or did the thin pieces take care of that? I love a good stir fry and that looks awesome.

I cut it across the grain into 1/4" strips then put the approx 12 oz of beef into a shallow bowl with 1 TBS soy sauce, 1 TBS Shao Hsing rice wine, 2 1/4 tsp cornstarch, 3/4 tsp sugar, and 1/4 tsp salt. It sat for only 10 mins before it hit the wok.

The beef came out tender.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Back