I'd Rather Be Lucky Than Good

West River BBQ

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I started the day thinking that I would try my best to have a perfect competition brisket. Trimmed last night. Separated the point from the flat.
Injected early this morning. Had the Humphrie's Pint holding steady at 275. Used some pieces of apple wood I had left. Put the probe in and sat back to watch the temp. At 154 I checked on it and wondered why it wasn't getting any bark. Hmm, could it be that I forgot to season it? Why yes, but it's not too late soI sprinkled a good dose of salt and pepper and waited. At 168 I foiled it in a pan with some beef broth and waited. 196 came along. It probed nicely, so I removed the brisket. Let it rest! crossed my mind but I couldn't wait more than 1/2 hour and then sliced into it. It was good but when I went back an hour later it was great. I've never uploaded a picture for the sake of praise before but certainly this was a good opportunity. Well, I mistakenly took video instead of pics. So I say to you, it's better to be lucky than good, and I had my share of it today.

Can you take a screenshot?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I am ALL IN on your Video! MAKE IT HAPPEN!
(you can upload to you Tube and then link onto this page. Good job)

Back