THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

chad

somebody shut me the fark up.
Due to committments last weekend I am preparing my wife's birthday dinner this evening.

Filet Mignon for her, t-bones for my son and me.
Shrimp Scampi using fresh pink Key West shrimp (16-20 count)
Fresh asparagus
Baked potato
Vanilla IC with our homemade topping.

The steaks are aged Certified Hereford.

Attachments

• hereford beef 4-23-06 resize.jpg
    hereford beef 4-23-06 resize.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 79
Your wife too. Filet Mignon? I do the same thing, almost. My bride wants filet, I do a top loin strip for me.
Happy birthday to Mrs. Chad. Please pass it along to her.

UH- I guess ya don't want to visit on the phone tonight? :lol:

Have a great time and give Anne all our best.

TIM

Thanks guys, I'll pass along birthday wishes.

The steaks were great. The t-bones were about 1.5 pounds each and the filet went .63 pounds. I butterflied the filet to get a litte more surface area to cook.

I love the market I bought these steaks from, but I don't especially care for the price!! It's worth it for special occassions. I think next time I'm going with their ribeye steaks...they were beautiful, too.

Chad, ribeyes are a good comprimise. Great flavor. It is the only thing besides filet mignon that my wife will eat without having some comment, like this is good , but.....

Back