Interesting Score

Swine Spectator

is Blowin Smoke!

Batch Image
Reaction score
My neighbor (who knows I like to cook) was cleaning out her garage and called to see if I was wanted in "a large pot". I said I'd be interested in taking a look at it.

She showed up with a heavy, 36 QT stainless steel pot. When I say heavy, I mean like 22lbs empty! (I weighed it) I think it is 1/8" walls with a 1/2" base. It's dirty and needs some cleaning up, but will be good for lots of things (Shrimp boils come to mind).

But here's the interesting part. She told be she got it in 1990 when she was an intern at the Watergate Hotel. They were renovating the kitchen and were getting rid of lots of stuff. She said it was one of a few items she took, but has never had occasion to use it. I assured her that I will.

David

That's incredible. G Gordon probably ate from that pot

That's fantastic! I look forward to your adventures with this new piece of kit!

It was before Clinton's stint, but I could hear him now:
"I cooked in that pot, but I didn't eat from it".
Nice, and very unique, score.

Score I guess!!!

No telling who ate the food that was prepared in that pot!

Had to leave one like that when I recently moved to a smaller house. Mine was from NYU medical center acquired in the 70's under similar circumstances. Can't say I used it much even after hauling it to Florida.

Post before/after pics once you have it cleaned up.

It's awesome having things like that around the house for those once a year huge cooks.

Back