Planning Some Freezer Meals

B3

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
The wife and I are expecting a new baby in the next 3-4 weeks, so I'm planning on loading up the freezer with some ready-made meals this weekend and next. There's nothing like nuking a frozen package of chili at 3am after 2 hours of sleep... :grin:

So, two questions for all you Q-talkers:

1) Do you have a favorite dish that you like to freeze in a way that can be thawed and eaten, with no prep in between?

2) I have a precooked ham I want to use for one of these things. Do you have an answer to question 1) that uses ham?

Thanks brethren!

1) Do you have a favorite dish that you like to freeze in a way that can be thawed and eaten, with no prep in between?

2) I have a precooked ham I want to use for one of these things. Do you have an answer to question 1) that uses ham?
QUOTE]

I don't have a frozen ham dish. I do freeze tacos, taco salad meat, slippy joe meat, chlil, turkey, chicken, soup, stew, pulled pork, burgers. I have some rib meat I'm going to freeze.

I have frozen ham after Easter or Christmas just to save it from going bad.

• Thanks
Reactions: B3
Read the threads. People here freeze their extras using those Food Savor devices, and when they're needed, they throw a bag into a pan of boiling water: easy!

Just be sure to label the bag.

Funny, I don't think of ham as an ingredient in a dish, rather as a protien with sides accompanying it. Mac and cheese maybe, but otherwise, I got nothing. I do like to make pork or chicken green chile and vacusuck it.

• Thanks
I grind leftover ham and mix with some ground dill pickle. Vacu suc it and freeze. When you thaw it, just mix with some mayo, and you have a tasty sammie spread. Just about anything can be vacu suc'ed and frozen for later use.

• Thanks
Always have leftovers when doing pulled pork. I put enough in a baggie to make 2 sammiches and freeze them. I take them to work.

• Thanks
I grind leftover ham and mix with some ground dill pickle. Vacu suc it and freeze. When you thaw it, just mix with some mayo, and you have a tasty sammie spread. Just about anything can be vacu suc'ed and frozen for later use.

My mom used to do this with bologna - :tsk:
That's what makes the world go round...

• Thanks
Read the threads. People here freeze their extras using those Food Savor devices, and when they're needed, they throw a bag into a pan of boiling water: easy!

Just be sure to label the bag.

That sums it up! We have used our "foodsaver" to store ribs, pulled pork, turkey, steaks.... any and everything that can be cooked can be frozen and saved for later.

We had a nephew add a baby to the family and our gift to the happy couple was frozen meals from our cooker. They LOVED IT!!!

Read the threads. People here freeze their extras using those Food Savor devices

I do read the threads. I was not asking if it can be done, I was hoping to get people's favorites.

Anyways, I started Saturday morning, so I missed your post Pappy, but sloppy joe and tacos are good ideas. I also really like the meat-dill-mayo idea. After two long days in the kitchen, I've got our small freezer stocked with pulled pork, chili, thin sliced ham for sammiches, and a vegetable soup made with stock from the ham bone.

Thanks for the replies.

Back