Jalapeno Rub

milehigh

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Stopped by the bbq store last night and picked up a new rub to try out. Thought i might try a spatched bird this weekend. Has anyone tried this rub yet? Kind of sweet like a lot of John Henrys rubs.

Attachments

• misc 006.jpg
    misc 006.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 133
Havn't tried that yet but I have used jalapino pepper dried like a powder and love that. let me know how this is and if it is available online please.

One of the stores here keeps a complete line of the John Henry. I tried the Jalapeno and liked the flavor but it seems like the jalapeno kind of mixes funny with the sweetness. Doesn't meld as well as some of the other chiles do in my opinion. I have used another jalapeno rub before that wasn't quite as sweet and I liked it a bit better. Chicken is the only thing I think I would try it on.

john henry makes good stuff (especially his pecan rub) but it is all pricey - even here in his backyard

Pricey indeed. Found the site and there are a few rubs I would love to try but with shipping its like 10.00 per bottle. guess i'll stick with the home grown.

I haven't tried that one yet, but would like to.

I actually picked up this one to try on chicken this weekend....great minds think alike.

IMG_7692-1.jpg

I actually picked up this one to try on chicken this weekend....great minds think alike.
Yeah, but you take better pics:biggrin:
Have not seen that one. I'll post results monday
Thanks for the review Grease.

Paul

Back