• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Dutch oven pizza

SMOKE FREAK

Babbling Farker

Batch Image
Reaction score
Started with some Duroc ground pork. Gave it the Hot Italian sausage treatment.
The pizza dough has been hanging out in the fridge for 3 days.
Fried the sausage and made a smallish pizza with fire roasted sauce, mozzarella, pepperoni, and the sausage.
Finished up with red onion, fresh jalapeno, and some grated parmesan.

Cooked it for around 25 minutes in the camp oven.

And this was the result.

Not bad for a first try.
Bottom got a bit too done but still real enjoyable.
A must do again kinda pizza.
But I may need to get a bigger DO.

Thanks for checking it out.

Ummmm !! I like all the peppers :thumb:
Wish I liked pizza better. I seldom ate pizza when growing up.
They always look so good, but I just don't have a taste for them. :doh:

A guy that came to our annual Memorial Day camping trip was a Dutch oven master and would make pizza amongst other things. Yours looks great. I seem to recall the majority of the charcoal was on the lid, and the cook time was around 30 minutes, but he peeked once or twice.

Nice pie! I have cooked pizza on just about every cooker I have ever owned but never though of a DO, nice job.

I think this may be the very first dutch oven pizza ever posted here, and quite a fine one at that!

I think this may be the very first dutch oven pizza ever posted here, and quite a fine one at that!

Agreed.

Behind the scenes..... Moose is now doing a cost analysis between the Pizza Party Ardore, and a Dutch Oven to take his pizza to a whole new level. :pop2:

Agreed.

Behind the scenes..... Moose is now doing a cost analysis between the Pizza Party Ardore, and a Dutch Oven to take his pizza to a whole new level. :pop2:

Actually, I'm thinking how I might get a local metalworker to help me create a new pizza oven. That will take a bit of time.

Meanwhile, two different size Detroit-Style pizza pans just arrived on my doorstep today...:rolleyes:

Actually, I'm thinking how I might get a local metalworker to help me create a new pizza oven. That will take a bit of time.

Meanwhile, two different size Detroit-Style pizza pans just arrived on my doorstep today...:rolleyes:

Perfect. Just in time to wind down National Pizza Month. :thumb:

Back