Favorte Commercial Rubs for What?

I agree with Pink Panther on the saltiness of Yardbird.

I like Swamp Boys on my ribs. Good balance. Great color. Hint of cherry?

Loving Boar's Night Out White Lightning on just about anything lately - steak, burgers, potatoes, etc.

Definitely love Plowboys Yardbird for chicken

The other one is Barberian's steak seasoning. This from a Toronto based steakhouse and I received in one of the tradeoffs. It is so delicious on steaks and burgers!!!

Also like Jalapeno Garlic rub on burgers

I do like to make my own for beef, but I use yardbird for pretty much any chicken or pork. I even modify it a little for nekkid fatties.

I like the yardbird rub so much I just recently purchased a 5lb bag of the stuff.

Beef- Bolner's Fiesta Uncle Chris' Gourmet Steak Seasoning. Really good on french fries too.

For my ribs and lollipop chicken and wangs I love Gary's Seasoning. I use the hot for mamma and the sweet for mamma. Put the hot first then the sweet it makes for an awesome combo. Oakridge stuff is also good Black Ops on brisket is good stuff.

Finally narrowed it down to these and I'm happy where I'm at. Though I do try new rubs the below are undefeated:

Oakridge Carne Crosta for Steaks

Oakridge Dominator for Ribs/Pork

Loot N Booty Gold Star Chicken for well...Chicken

Big Poppa Smokers Little Louie's Garlic Rub for all around use

Big Poppa Smokers Desert Gold, Jallelujah Jalapeno Salt and Jallelujah Bacon Jalapeno Rub for veggies and all around use or for add'l layer of flavor in conjunction with other rubs

Sako ----- you are super correct except I am not a fan of the cinnamon in the Dominator rub. Cinnamon, to me, belongs on toast or cinnamon rolls, not on ribs..... :-D

1. Simply Marvelous Spicy Apple and Cherry Rubs for pork shoulders/butts.
2. Plowboys Yardbird for Chicken and Country style pork ribs.
3. Malcolm Reeds The BBQ Rub for ribs.

I like a ton of other rubs but those are the ones I use the most.

Plowboys Yardbird or Oakridge Secret Weapon for ribs (I also like Harry Soo's AP rub on ribs)
BPS Cash Cow for beef

Honorable mention: Heaven Made – It's Incredible Seasoning. This stuff is a RIDICULOUSLY good all purpose seasoning!! Give it a shot. You wont be disappointed!

Forgot to add I just got a package in yesterday of Derek Allen's Dirty Dalmatian rubs for beef and pork.

Have you ever tried the Texas Best Brisket Rub? I have some good stuff about it, but never spoke directly with anyone who has used it.

Have you ever tried the Texas Best Brisket Rub? I have some good stuff about it, but never spoke directly with anyone who has used it.

I've also read good stuff about it but never actually spoke with anyone who used it. I'm doing some plate ribs this weekend so I'm interested in their brisket rub too.

I like the Simply Marvelous Peppered Cow for beef, Killer Hogs The BBQ Rub for pork, and just recently tried Butcher BBQ Grilling Addiction on some chicken which I really liked.

Also huge Oakridge fan

Oakridge CarneCrosta for steaks. My kids wont let me put anything else on. They demand the crust!

Tri-Tip and other beef roasts: SPOGOS

Pork / Chicken: base SPOGOS, top layer Secret Weapon

I also put HDD on just about everything I eat. I even cary a little shaker of it with me as I'm addicted :)

1. Bone Sucking Sauce seasoning and rub.

2. Three little Pigs Kansas City Championship, cut with a little brown sugar.

I find Yard Bird a little too salty too.

1. Bone Sucking Sauce seasoning and rub.

2. Three little Pigs Kansas City Championship, cut with a little brown sugar.

I find Yard Bird a little too salty too.

Three little pigs is a solid rub. I've been using it on ribs lately, about done with my first bottle

Back