View Single Post
Old 06-08-2017, 12:25 PM   #1
PnkPanther
is One Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : Adam
Default The Good One Open Range

Hello

I've searched forum and few threads here from years ago on the good one open range, wondering if anyone has experience with their new generation? I'm told they're more fuel efficient than prior versions.

One of the feature I like, if doing a long cook, the firebox doubles as the direct grill and I can heat up some brat's for lunch.

My concern is cook chamber is narrow. They have dual racks, but I'm not sure I could even fit a disposable pan for beans in there. The heritage oven upgrade puts me closer to price of Weber Summit, which is other grill I'm considering and removes an attractive advantage

I have a local dealer that has good ones, and quality looks good. Most users do seem to like them. Also sell Yoder smokers and Whitewhater drums. The Yoder Cheyenne is tempting, but I like idea of setting up grill than mowing etc...although eventually wouldn't mind a stick burner for those days just want to sit by grill (sorry, off topic ramble)

Thoughts on Good one open range? Worth it? Spend a little more for Weber Summit?

(Wife thinks both are ugly, so no help there)
PnkPanther is offline   Reply With Quote