2 Butts and a Pizza w/Pron

D

dgassaway

Cooked 2 butts Friday just to compare recipes. One was following Chris Lilly's injection and rub recipe and the other using the "Mr Brown" recipe. Although I wanted to compare the two I also wanted to pay particular attention to drum temp and make sure I pulled them off at the right time.

Injected and rubbed Thursday afternoon and put them on the UDS at about 9:00 am Friday morning. After dealing with the wind a little I did manage to maintain about 228° during the cook but really had to babysit the smoker until the wind died down. Cooked for about 15 hrs to an internal temp of 196°, foiled and rested in the cooler for 4+ hrs.

Both are moist and tasty with good bark and a decent smoke ring. Mr. Brown is a bit spicier due to all the black pepper. The family seems to like the Chris Lilly recipe a little better but not by much.

We enjoyed sandwiches and BBQ nachos for lunch (sorry no pron) and made a BBQ pizza tonight with pulled pork, grilled red onion and mozzarella cheese. Cooked it in the oven then put it on the gas grill with a chunk of hickory to brown up the crust a bit.

Have some left so if your near by please stop by for BBQ pizza and a cold beer!

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    417.4 KB · Views: 82
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    491.6 KB · Views: 83
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    438.3 KB · Views: 82
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    495.3 KB · Views: 82
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    477 KB · Views: 83
Everything looks great, but that pizza....mmmmmmm :biggrin:

Very, Very Superb,, I'll have one slice,(don't want to be greedy) but I'll also have a pulled pork Sammie also to go please.. ahh the Pizza I'll have with a beer while we sit and discuss the Cook....Very nice Job..

Back