For all the Cincinnati chili fans and H8Rs...

Great article, thanks for sharing! I haven't had Cincinnati chili yet...

Ditto. Hopefully retirement (2021) will include some serious road tripping and can check out some new foods while meeting new friends.

Cool article, thanks. Went to high school in Cincinnati and still get a craving for the stuff. Was back in the area recently and wanted to try Empress but just didnt have time so we went to Dixie Chili instead. I liked their chili, pretty similar to skyline if not better. But I have had Skyline and Goldstar a bunch so wanted to try something different.

Lived in Cincinnati my entire life, and Cincinnati (Skyline in particular) chili has a special place in my heart.

We make Cincinnati chili at home fairly often, especially this time of year, when the weather gets colder. My family likes my homemade version better than the restaurant version, but we do hit up our local Skyline to help keep the franchise afloat.

I also make a veggie-based (in this case, lentil) version of Cincinnati chili that is killer. A nice change of pace from the meat-based version and equally tasty, and is vegetarian/vegan-friendly.

Having some tomorrow for lunch as a 3-way over radiatore pasta, topped w/ shredded cheddar, with Tobasco and oyster crackers on standby.

All this Cincinnati chili talk has made me go shopping. I've complied the ingredients and do have a recipe I think is very close to Skyline. Maybe a cook thread this weekend.

I grew up in Dayton and I think skyline was the first solid food I got after breast milk!
Great stuff, but down here in Texas they don't understand it.

If there is anywhere that should understand it it is Texas, with all that unique cuisine.

Rock on, Icky. I had to wonder if you were Icky Woods....

I absolutely love Jungle Jims. I go to that store about every other week and spend way to much money but it is an awesome time. I recommend if you get to the Cincinnati area to try out Camp Washington chili or Blue Ash chili.

Shawn, your area is really coming on too. There are a couple wineries down toward Ripley that are making great stuff. I love driving 52 on a nice Sunday. So many great river towns to enjoy.

Is the Skyline frozen chili any good? I see it at Walmart sometimes but it’s $3.99 for 12 oz of chili. Might as well buy two cans of Wolf.

Yeah, it is. I recommend not buying it with the spaghetti in it, but it's worth trying.

Back