View Single Post
Old 09-12-2013, 04:00 PM   #17
Diesel Dave
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Got a little more done today. Cut the end of the tank for the firebox to fit in.
This was a bit of a challenge. I started by leveling down from the top to get center of the bottom. Then with a cut off wheel on the grinder, cut along the seam line on the inside of the tank. Figured that would be the best guide for a good straight cut. Then to figure the cut across the round end of the tank, this wasn't all that easy and I got close on my first attempt. Had to make a couple more small leveling cuts but it worked out. I have a few spots to weld up as I over cut just a bit. But still a tight fit fro the plate to slide through. Here's some pics from today.

The tank cut out

Here's the test fit of the firebox/plate into the tank

And a view of the plate inside the tank

If anyone has any suggestions or comments please toss em out here. It's my first build so if there's anything I'd appreciate it.
I will be drilling a hole for a drain pipe in this before final installation.

Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring ― Marilyn Monroe
Diesel Dave is offline   Reply With Quote