View Single Post
Old 01-17-2009, 01:18 PM   #84
Roo-B-Q'N
is One Chatty Farker

Default Bump

Quote:
Originally Posted by hossrocks View Post
The last few month we have been looking for a location to set up and vend daily. Well, we found our location and we are setting up our rig next week in a permenant location. I've done the research on the location. It has about 15k cars that go by everyday during the winter months and nearly 25k in the summer. We will be set up next to a very busy fresh produce market that runs year round. We'll be open Wed-Sat to start from 11-7pm or until the food runs out. Wanna be there for lunch and early dinner crowd.
Our menu will be simple to start. Brisket, pulled pork, tri tip, sausage sammies and a cheeseburger. We plan to run nightly specials on meats by the pound with buns and sauce to go.
Our first day is the 7th of January. I'm a little nervous about vending in Jan much like smokinit. But we have to set up now if we want the location in the summer. I'll throw up some pics of our setup soon. I'll keep you all posted as to how its going.
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokinit View Post
Ya grab that spot now and if you are next to a year round produce market you may have some winter traffic. I would not go overboard with quantities better to sell out at first than incurr alot of waist.Your first few weeks their stay open 4 or 5 days to get the feel for who is stopping in and when and make the adjust ment on days from there based on the weather. 7pm may be a bit to late in the winter to stay open but give it a shot. Best of luck and as always PM me with anything you need or if you want to talk by phone let me know.

Bump!

What is going on out their Brothers? smokinit, I ran across your website earlier today, looks like you have taken the winter off from the roadside but are taking special orders.

Hossrocks, how goes the new spot? Got any pics to share?

And if I can ask a few questions, what do you guys, or anybody I guess, serve on a daily basis, do you have specials, how have you come to find out what your needs are. Did you just start out with X amount of food and close when you sold out?
Guess thos are enough for now. Just want to know how things are going?
Large Spicewine, Backwoods Smoker (Party), WSM, Oklahoma Joe's Offset, Wood Fired Oven
Roo-B-Q'N is offline   Reply With Quote