• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Master Class with Aaron Franklin

I really like his real goofy personality. Hard not to like him and laugh at his comments. He's right though. You can watch all you want but until you cook so many that you can't get it wrong...

I didn't get anything from the book that wasn't already known. Remember, I was born and raised in Texas. We are all taught by someone who knows and then we figure out how to make it our own. Those that think I'm crazy ain't Texans. :heh:

His taking notes comment is key. You can't get better if you don't remember what didn't work or what did work. I'd buy it just to listen to him talk. He's very entertaining.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

His taking notes comment is key. You can't get better if you don't remember what didn't work or what did work. I'd buy it just to listen to him talk. He's very entertaining.

Taking notes is something I need to get better at doing. I'm also very interested to hear a review about Aaron's master class. This *might* be what I ask for for Father's Day....:decision:

I agree that the $180.00 all inclusive is the way to go. Even if the content of the classes is not new it would be interesting and quit a few topics are covered. Seems like there is something for everyone.

how long is each video approximately? I have been debating getting this previously for the Ramsey and Keller vids.

I think they range from 2-5 hours. Aaron’s is 4.5 hours.

Also, everyone should take note that the $180 all inclusive only lasts a year, but the $90 single class you keep forever. Something to keep in mind if you think you might want to have the Franklin class for reference in the future, and not spend another $180/$90

I think they range from 2-5 hours. Aaron’s is 4.5 hours.

Also, everyone should take note that the $180 all inclusive only lasts a year, but the $90 single class you keep forever. Something to keep in mind if you think you might want to have the Franklin class for reference in the future, and not spend another $180/$90
That's need to know right there!

I've got his books, seen his videos. Great pitmaster without a doubt... probably way more ahead of me! But I'll hold on ta my money till Miss Lady throws up a cooking video!
And ya all would fall over yerself ta pay that, lol!!

-D

I bought an all access Masterclass pass for my wife for Christmas (big fan of Thomas Keller). Little did I know it would be the gift that keeps on giving!!!

how long is each video approximately? I have been debating getting this previously for the Ramsey and Keller vids.
It's different depending on the person... Some Thomas Keller ones are like 50mins long whereas most of Ramsay's are around 25...it also comes with a workbook/recipe book that covers everything you are learning in the videos... So far I haven't seen a bad one yet... All of them have been fantastic

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Also that's per episode... Not per video group... Each class has anywhere from 12 to 30 videos... Again, it differs on whoes class it is

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Completed it. I thought it was really good and worth the $90. You might not learn anything really earth shattering but for sure does give you stuff to think about. The pork butt and ribs he goes through a little quick, but goes into some good detail on brisket start to finish. The brisket segment and the last two story time segments at the end were the best. He's a great story teller.

Thumbs up. I really liked it.

Last edited:
I got a masterclass sub through work so I don’t have to pay for this one. I watched the first two “lessons” and it’s good. Very well presented and beautiful looking but so far it’s just an updated, expanded Version of the PBS show.

Not sure it’s worth $80.

Lots of shots of the Franklin bbq’s - no details on them though.

I checked out the lists and I want it more for Ramsey and Keller, Franklin is like the cherry on top haha. It looks like in the app(apple) the transaction goes through itunes so gift cards should work.

I really like his real goofy personality. Hard not to like him and laugh at his comments. He's right though. You can watch all you want but until you cook so many that you can't get it wrong...

I didn't get anything from the book that wasn't already known. Remember, I was born and raised in Texas. We are all taught by someone who knows and then we figure out how to make it our own. Those that think I'm crazy ain't Texans. :heh:

So was I, and I had a good teacher too.

ZjBYhcS.jpg

I think Masterclass might be my new go to gift for awhile....

If the classes are half as good as the clips, there's some amazing content.

What happened to the pits he was going to come out with?

he distributed an email last month to the people on the waiting list indicating that he still plans to build / sell them, but first needs to finish the shop.

pictures of the future backyard pit and the shop build were included. no time frame was mentioned

he distributed an email last month to the people on the waiting list indicating that he still plans to build / sell them, but first needs to finish the shop.

pictures of the future backyard pit and the shop build were included. no time frame was mentioned

Daniel Vaughn mentioned something about it yesterday. Said it was still in the works but still a couple months out. Not sure what the holdup up. Sure is taking a long time to build the shop. Its taking years.

Just buy a Millscale Metal Works 94 gallon. Exact same thing, looks slightly better built.

Back