Anybody in West By God?

Beast Drinker

Full Fledged Farker
Hey do you make Pepperoni Rolls at the house? If so what do you do, how do ya do it? I imagine yo can't use storebought dough?

Maybe this should be in Woodpile? it's not Q it's baking related....

Well, my peperoni rolls un rolled on me in the oven they kinda look like peperoni catchers mitts. better study a little more next time. thanks again. :)

AHA after re reading that.... I shoulda made about 15 more with the amount of dough I had. That bread dough was too thick and it made them pop open, NOW I know. And I'll use croissant or dinner roll dough next time. just goes to show that you shouldn't ever cook anything in a hurry unless you know it like the back of your hand. Q or not... Quality takes time.

I didn't eat one yet they 2 hot and they are for the kids school lunch..

Edit, too much bread, not enough pepperoni. I'll do better tomorrow. tasted ALMOST like a Peperoni roll. Not quite.

I just had my first one of these over the 4th. It was made by a west by godian. Wish I would have asked for her recipe to help you out. THEY ARE GOOD!

Looks a bit like Stromboli to me. I can't wait to try these and cook them on my kamado. I will post soon. Love a challenge,
Jed

I'm from West Virginia, and yes I can give you a recipe. It's really simple, you can use frozen dough, or your favorite roll bread recipe. You want to make sure you get the dough no thicker than a quarter inch when you flatten it out. Some people prefer stick pepperoni (chunks). Most prefer sliced. As far a cheese, sprinkling cheddar inside is the best. Just role the bread out into triangles, lay out your pepperoni and cheese on top, role it and bake it usually around thirty minutes. I brush the tops of the bread with butter before baking.

I just depends on how big you want them to be, the main thing is to not overstuff them, or role them to thick. I probably use about a 4" triangle?

Back