Calling all pizza oven owners...

I am sure that I would like the pizza from the Blackstone or the pizza from the Weber. However, I built my WFO with a much broader menu in mind. My WFO cooks pizzas just fine, but it has beeen used for so much more! I'm still learning. But the pizzas, bread, roasts, pies, cookies, briskets (all cooked in an oven as the temperature is falling from just one firing) are a blast to pull off!

A wood fired oven can be as expensive as you want it to be. But, also just as affordable. The price range of these things go from the simple cob oven (almost no $ investment) to the the extremes.

I am sort of in the middle. I did a lot of scrounging for materials, and used modern insulation.

There are many of the WFO ovens from the old world that have lasted for hundreds of years.

Looking at some of the cob oven designs I wouldn't hear the end of it from the wife about how ugly they are. I would definitely have to go with a masonry type oven which are way more than we can afford right now. Thank you for the additional info though. I'll keep those ideas in mind in the future.

For anyone with the Blackstone ovens have you had any issues with them? Stone breaking? Motor issues? Customer Service issues?

For anyone with the Blackstone ovens have you had any issues with them? Stone breaking? Motor issues? Customer Service issues?

Mine had a broken bottom stone when new. Called Black Stone and they sent a replacement the same day. Great customer service. No problems or issues, works great.

No problems with mine. From reading about them on the pizza making forum it seems that most issues are out of the box damage from shipping and everyone has had great experiences with customer service. Also, it seems the BS has improved their packaging quite a bit. Mine was perfect out of the box.

Back