BBQ food truck

We looked at a couple trailers in Wisconsin before we had ours built, although this has been about 10 years, maybe 12 years but they didn’t even have stainless steel tables in the trailers they just had household countertops. The commissary is not necessarily needed in Minnesota and Wisconsin’s rules seem to be less stringent than Minnesota

Again, I'm just going by what the gentlemen at the Health Department told me. I also had to make some modifications to my trailer to meet their requirements. I needed to have some kind of handrail / barrier on my porch because of safety...seems odd, but ok. They were OK with white aluminum rather than stainless steel for the walls on the interior of the trailer. My serving window was just a huge open area, and they wanted sliding windows with screens, which makes sense.

We discussed the commissary and he said it was needed, and since I'm a veteran he gave me the information of a few of the local VFW's as they pretty keen on helping out the food trucks. Maybe things have changed and perhaps it's different in different areas of the state. This was eastern WI...looking at Germantown, West Alles, and MKE.

Back