The Official Pellet Grill Smoker thread.

It's here. First impression is WOW for the quality. I was expecting good based on everything I've read, but this bad-boy is impressive. I'm not telling the current Mak owners anything but this thing is VERY well built. All the stainless is really heavy gauge and the whole thing went together with NO issues, putting it together was a breeze. I'm doing a seasoning run and will be gone until Sunday but something is going on here Sunday for sure.
Pictures will be later. Thanks Mak job well done.

It's here. First impression is WOW for the quality. I was expecting good based on everything I've read, but this bad-boy is impressive. I'm not telling the current Mak owners anything but this thing is VERY well built. All the stainless is really heavy gauge and the whole thing went together with NO issues, putting it together was a breeze. I'm doing a seasoning run and will be gone until Sunday but something is going on here Sunday for sure.
Pictures will be later. Thanks Mak job well done.

Awesome! Yes, they are impressive. Between my older 1 Star (sold it for a 2 Star) and now my 2 Star, I have had a MAK grill sitting in my backyard for about 3 years. I am still impressed every time I use it or clean it. They are amazing pellet grills [emoji4]

I see you got the Flame Zone... do you plan on doing a lot of grilling on it? I use mine quite often to grill on... love it! Probably 50/50 between it and my kettle. For low n slow... 100% of those cooks go to MAK!

Question or those who have a unit with flame/sear zone. As I see most have some sort of charcoal grill also. What are you more likely to fire up for burgers or a steak pellet or charcoal?

I'm starting to think I want something the excels at grilling also.

Question or those who have a unit with flame/sear zone. As I see most have some sort of charcoal grill also. What are you more likely to fire up for burgers or a steak pellet or charcoal?

I have had quite a few nice grills over the years... charcoal, gas and pellet. Out of all of the grills I have had, the MAK 2 Star has been my overall favorite (or at least in the top two). I LOVE everything that is grilled on it with the exception of steaks. It’s not that it’s not capable of producing a fantastic steak... but I am all about a bed of screaming hot lump charcoal when it comes to steaks. Now that you’ve got me thinking about it, I think I prefer skin on chicken parts cooked on Grill Grates directly over lump charcoal equally as much as I enjoy the chicken grilled on the MAK (they are different but both YUM!). One thing I love about pellet grilled food is how much moisture the meat retains.

I think I’ve mentioned it, but if I did not already have a MAK, I would also seriously consider the Kuma Platinum SE pellet grill. I have dug fairly deep into the product and company and I am IMPRESSED! I think both the MAK and Kuma’s are fantastic grills, with the Kuma being a bit more affordable. The Kuma is constructed very much like the MAK 1 Star and also has the aluminized steel which I LOVE (no rust!).

Awesome! Yes, they are impressive. Between my older 1 Star (sold it for a 2 Star) and now my 2 Star, I have had a MAK grill sitting in my backyard for about 3 years. I am still impressed every time I use it or clean it. They are amazing pellet grills [emoji4]

I see you got the Flame Zone... do you plan on doing a lot of grilling on it? I use mine quite often to grill on... love it! Probably 50/50 between it and my kettle. For low n slow... 100% of those cooks go to MAK!

Yes I plan on using it for grilling quite often, kinda of excited about getting to use it.

anybody ever try either of these? not sure why I bought them but I'm thinking about the herb blend for our turkey next week

C1A3Tblh.jpg

I think I’ve mentioned it, but if I did not already have a MAK, I would also seriously consider the Kuma Platinum SE pellet grill. I have dug fairly deep into the product and company and I am IMPRESSED! I think both the MAK and Kuma’s are fantastic grills, with the Kuma being a bit more affordable. The Kuma is constructed very much like the MAK 1 Star and also has the aluminized steel which I LOVE (no rust!).
A Kuma dealer just opened up shop this week in my town. I had no idea!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

anybody ever try either of these? not sure why I bought them but I'm thinking about the herb blend for our turkey next week

C1A3Tblh.jpg

I have not, but I have heard from more than 1 guy that the charcoal blend is fantastic for high heat cooking. Supposedly puts out a fair amount more BTU’s than even a pellet like 100% oak.

A Kuma dealer just opened up shop this week in my town. I had no idea!

Oh wow! I have never seen one in person, but have collected a lot of pics (inside and out). If I were ever to add a second pellet grill (unlikely) the Kuma would most likely be it!

Oh wow! I have never seen one in person, but have collected a lot of pics (inside and out). If I were ever to add a second pellet grill (unlikely) the Kuma would most likely be it!
Same here. But I'm gonna go look at least.

That Kuma looks nice there is a dealer 33 miles away may check that out soon

I haven't had any inclination to fire up my charcoal grill since I've got my PG1000. Actually, once I started cooking steaks on my Davy Crockett, the charcoal grill started falling out of favor. Still nice to cook on it when I've got the time, but more just for the fun of being outside.

I haven't had any inclination to fire up my charcoal grill since I've got my PG1000. Actually, once I started cooking steaks on my Davy Crockett, the charcoal grill started falling out of favor. Still nice to cook on it when I've got the time, but more just for the fun of being outside.

Curious, how much work (interior and exterior) is the PG1000 to clean up after a messy grilling session? Besides the smoke stack, does smoke/grease leak out from anywhere? Has the stainless been a pain to keep up?

I bought my Mak as a smoker, so I never grill on it and use my Weber instead. The 1-Star doesn’t come with the flame zone, but it’s an option. One I would never use. When I’m grillin, I want to cook some food, flip some burgers, rotate some dogs round the fire, and smell the smoke. It’s a more tactile and sensory experience.

That said, folks who have a flamezone unanimously extoll it’s virtues and effectiveness!

Imma have to check this out :)

Back