• Chunked Beef and ground Beef and beans

Votes: 9 14.3%
  • Ground Beef and bens

Votes: 20 31.7%
  • Other

Votes: 9 14.3%

• Total voters
Loaded question.

You'll get a heap of "no beans" responses.

I can't say I disagree with them. Chili should be served righteously in a bowl and placed at their spots at the table. Condiments like hawt sauce, beans, cheese, sour cream and etc should be placed within reach of them......

I've been walking this Earth dang near a half century. I've had......and made....tons of good chili. The best of which was made with Gebhart's chili powder.

Other:
Chunked chuck, ground beef, and a small amount of lean ground pork. I also blend my own chili powder to my personal taste liking. Beans don't matter to me, for the most part, I add some, but I also make batches without beans for chili burgers, chili dogs, and for use on nachos and such.

• Thanks
Reactions: EdF
It is about the Chili powder...We use Fiesta brand at our home for years.......No beans but there are times when beans get added just because.

Pound of bacon
5 pounds of brisket
2 onions
1 head of garlic
2 cans of green chillies
2 cans santa fe corn
Tomatoes
Tomato paste
Beer
Chili seasonings

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I prefer coarse ground beef w/beans. Don't get me wrong, i can make a good Texas red with chunked smoked brisket or chunked chuck, but i prefer the coarse ground beef with homemade dried chili paste and rough chopped stewed tomatoes. Its important to add the stewed tomatoes in the last 15 minutes of the simmer. Otherwise they cook too far down and its no longer chili.

I like burger chuck and beans in my chili. My family does not like the chuck but will put of with it or avoid it

Years ago marlboro sent me a recipe book called 50 greatest chili recipes. There's one called sedona sunset chili. It has beans and ground beef. I love it. I tend to shy away from recipes that have a ton of ingredients as all of them in this book do. Sedona sunset has the fewest. It's very hardy and filling, although some may say it's more of a stew than chili.

I'm much more a green chili fan. Hatch peppers canned from Costco and cubed pork butt. A head of garlic, salt, onions, cumin, and tomatillos.

• Thanks
Reactions: EdF
1 1/2 lbs ground meat to 2 lbs of a mix of black, pinto, and kidney soaked beans

No beans!
2Q==
hot-dog-sauce-41484.png

Get out the hot dogs and buns!:becky:

Even though I voted for beef, ground beef and beans, my favorite is ground beef with no beans. But, if i'm making something for me to eat, it will always be green chile stew with round steak, lots of hot green chile, potatos, tomatos, etc. The other stuff is for frito pie or hot dogs imho. p/s without beans, that's a separate side.

Back