• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

First ABT's were the bomb!

garyk1398

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Plain and simple... rub was yardbird.:twisted:

Attachments

• IMG_2525.jpg
    IMG_2525.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 172
  • IMG_2526.jpg
    IMG_2526.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 172
  • IMG_2527.jpg
    IMG_2527.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 172
  • IMG_2528.jpg
    IMG_2528.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 173
The only place on the web where a big steaming pile of turds is a good thing!!!

The ones I made were too mild too, so I know just what you mean.

I suppose that you gotta leave some of the seeds in there for heat.

I think most grocery stores are starting to carry milder jalapeno peppers. I'm not the only one who has mentioned this, so I don't think it is just me. Of course, I live in a different part of the country, but it's been noticed here.

If you are in need of some jalapenos with some heat and lots of it then get them from a Mexican grocery store.
BTW those look great.

Nice ABT's!
I just can't believe you've been a member of the Brethren since last Aug and this is your first batch???
My FIL has a saying now about ABT's..."Oh!? Did you get a hot one?:icon_shock1:!!!!" You never really know with these little rascals if you'll get a firey one or not.

If I am thinking right about this, the longer you cook them the milder they get. Someone mentioned cooking the bacon a little first and then assemble the ABT's so they will crisp up faster and not cook as long. Just throwing this out.

In my little testings I have found that the ones with white "stretch marks" are hotter. If you want them really mild get some with no marks, clean them out good and soak them for a few hours in Sprite. For the family - mild. For me - hot is good :biggrin:.

If I am thinking right about this, the longer you cook them the milder they get. Someone mentioned cooking the bacon a little first and then assemble the ABT's so they will crisp up faster and not cook as long. Just throwing this out.

I agree with ya',,, but them dude's sure looked good

The white marks usually mean thinner shell, more veins. Veins add heat. If you want hore heat dont be so vigilant when coreing and visa versa. How about that caustic fume that comes from the sink when you got the water and disposal running?:twisted:

The japs we get here are hot. I usually soak them in sprite overnight to lessen the heat so the rest of the family will eat them.

Then use the sprite as a spritz for ribs or chicken.

Back