Some burnt ends.....heavy pron

got14u

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
I had a “brisket” today that my mother picked up for me in Billings….(note to self never have mom pick up a brisket for me) She came back with just a flat but I decided to put it to good use instead of having at it with the meat grinder and making hamburger.

Here it is, all packaged up and ready for the dusting of the god’s
DSC_0001.jpg

After the dusting (Bovine Bold and a sprinkle of Lantana of Texas all purpose)
DSC_0002-1.jpg

Smoker up to temp and the thin blue coming out
DSC_0004.jpg

DSC_0005.jpg

In she goes
DSC_0006-1.jpg

I pulled her at 175 and went to cutting
DSC_0008-1.jpg

all cut up and man handled
DSC_0009.jpg

Second dusting of Bovine
DSC_0011.jpg

Sauced with the nectar of gods (head country spicy)
DSC_0010.jpg

DSC_0012.jpg

About two more hours and they should be good to go. Temps creaked up on me so they won’t have long to wait before they are done and ready to be devoured like the piece of meat they are. Thanks for lookin

thanks all...hey mcoupe I have tons of family from your part of Oregon, my mother's family is from Trail and also the Bend area...glad to see ya on here

They're coming along very nicely, I can't wait to see the finished product. That's a great combination of flavors for burnt ends, they should be outstanding!

Looks wonderful! I see your using Head Country-Hot, does it taste like Head Country regular just hotter? thanks

I love this flavor combo...always a hit
They're coming along very nicely, I can't wait to see the finished product. That's a great combination of flavors for burnt ends, they should be outstanding!

I think so, gotta love head country and I doubly love the hot version.
Looks wonderful! I see your using Head Country-Hot, does it taste like Head Country regular just hotter? thanks

Finally done and got some pics

DSC_0001.jpg

all plated up with some potatoes, onions, and peppers dusted with some bovine

DSC_0002-2.jpg

Looks good J. Bet you didn't eat only that small pile of burnt ends on the plate. Maybe your daughter?

Looks Awesome! I had to work late so I am sitting here eating a grilled cheese and turkey! Really rethinking that now...

Looks delicious. I may have to pick up a brisket for this weekend.

Thanks all...they weren't near as good as burnt ends from a point but they did in a pinch. Today they should make some good taquitos :becky:

Back