• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Cheap HEB brisket cook

J

jmoney7269

Briskets were on sale for 1.47 lb so I bought a few for eatin. Turned outing ugh fine. Cooked @300 and wrapped in BP @175 and cooked to 210, let it sleep in the Cambro for 6 hrs, came home for lunch and sliced it. Oh man I goes hard in a southwest hand made tortilla with some jack cheese and eggs. Also gonna make a brisket omelette, one of my favs.
The video
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruBmd4VaPxU"]J$ vault comp brisket practice - YouTube[/ame]
My last omelette
BCC3E7BD-3321-4424-A6C7-667997997BAF-140-000000159205E2D7.jpg

90AC2D45-DF8F-4359-AB18-2786EFB85631-140-00000015B12390B5.jpg

My last briskie grilled cheese (gruyere)
723c12c0.jpg

ab778b43.jpg

In my opinion cooked brisket on standby is Always a good thing

mean ars meal there!!
I did a brisket ruben...saurcraut ....swiss chess....horse raddish russian dressing..on rye...real tasty but yours loooks EXTREMLY tasty!

mean ars meal there!!
I did a brisket ruben...saurcraut ....swiss chess....horse raddish russian dressing..on rye...real tasty but yours loooks EXTREMLY tasty!

Man I love me a good Reuben! I'm inspired.

Is that from running your vault with the fire box in the main chamber? does the reverse flow set up seem effected by it?

It was setup indirect per factory. The direct setup kinda makes a mess in the chamber. i dont do It unless my UDS takes a dump!

aint fair!!

I just took my blood pressure meds, now I see this

why is this stuff not good for you???

grrrr

I absolutely love the epic breakfast after making brisket or chuckies. Pulled pork is okay... But brisky in the eggs tastes so much better!

I love a good omelette, and that looks like a great omelette!

Dave

Lunch!
EBC7C036-3F46-416E-BFCC-1307FAC62673-2917-0000042B2F74A98B.jpg

My buddy Bradley that works at a BBQ shop called me up, said he got me another comp brisket pulled, gonna go pick it up at his house after work.
AAB55964-4443-4CED-B522-E9984D84E2CF-2491-0000036F20AB6331.jpg

Nice lookin lunch.. better than what I had haha
I've got a prime brisket that looks a lot like yours sitting in my garage fridge now. Really tempted to cook it @home vs. my next comp..:heh:

Nice lookin lunch.. better than what I had haha
I've got a prime brisket that looks a lot like yours sitting in my garage fridge now. Really tempted to cook it @home vs. my next comp..:heh:

It's like 18 days old, so it's got 32 more to go before it hits the deep freeze. I like 50 day aged the best. Do you age yours?

It's like 18 days old, so it's got 32 more to go before it hits the deep freeze. I like 50 day aged the best. Do you age yours?

I've aged a brisket once for about 30 days and I ended up with a purple smoke ring. Other than that I didn't notice that much of a difference, I probably needed to go longer. I read here that the myoglobin in the brisket oxidizes and that's why I got the purple smoke ring. Have you ever gotten a purple smoke ring?

I've aged a brisket once for about 30 days and I ended up with a purple smoke ring. Other than that I didn't notice that much of a difference, I probably needed to go longer. I read here that the myoglobin in the brisket oxidizes and that's why I got the purple smoke ring. Have you ever gotten a purple smoke ring?

I have gotten purple smoke rings from TQ but my smoke rings are always bright red from the fresh cherry wood. Your brisket didn't do very much in 3" days. Bout day 45 is where the magic happens, it's like the cryo just doubled the blood. Brisket smells kinda musty but once you rinse with cold water and trim it, the smell goes away

Back