Second Cook on EGG

W

worf

Well, the ribs did not happen as am waiting for a platesetter to arrive. Ended up being burgers. Wow, can't beleive the taste. Had 15 people for supper, and they all could not stop talking about how good it tasted. Here are some of the pics that I took.

Still waiting for the nest to come. Will be here next week.
IMG_7893.JPG

Me taking a peek ...
IMG_7881.JPG

Waiting for the smoke to clear ..

IMG_7895.JPG

The finished product ... Just about to take it off

IMG_7897.JPG

Really can't see why I would use the propane grill ever again. Wife is not happy, since we just spend a lot of cash for that one a few months ago. May have to use it now and again, just for appearances.:biggrin:

Looks great...

That's quite a bit of smoke... What temp were you grilling at ?

PS Just be very careful having it on the wood deck and next to your house !!! Fire extinguisher nearby is probably a good idea

Was running at about 350-400 for the whole time. Is this much smoke not normal for that temp? Just asking as I am still learning.

I was runnin bout 600* the other night grillin steaks. I burped it, then opened it like u did there. I lost all the hair on my left arm, and it was pretty tender for a few days. just a little FYI for ya.... Burgers look great. We are givin my inlaws our gas grill and side cart to take to their cabin in Colorado. Givin my buddy my Drum and might sell the kettle. I love my egg lol.

I have been looking around. Apparently the amount of smoke is normal when doing burgers on the Egg.

I have my nest coming next week, and then will be able to get it away from the wooden deck. Will also be able to move it around easier.

Thanks very much for the input

Back