• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Silver Side ( top round) on UDS

Dr_KY

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Anyone ever done one?

Just got home from work and dropped into the butchers and picked up one he was cutting. I was looking for some thick chops for a quick dinner and couldn't resist so I had him add a bit of fat so she stayed moist. The fire is lit so let the seasoning begin...:twisted:

It's cut a little different over here..
http://www.greatbritishkitchen.co.uk/cg_beef.htm

From the description you gave, i would say med. rare.
Not enough fat to cook any higher....good luck and post pic's!!

BTW, tell your butcher's over there to STOP rolling their brisket's into roast's!!:eek:

lol He's ordering a brisket and placing beef ribs on stand-by for us to pick up Thursday. He did mention it would be rolled and I just had a blank stare on my face. How should I tell him to cut it? Is rolled a bad thing?

Can't say I ahve ever tried one. Let us know how it works out and what you did.

lol He's ordering a brisket and placing beef ribs on stand-by for us to pick up Thursday. He did mention it would be rolled and I just had a blank stare on my face. How should I tell him to cut it? Is rolled a bad thing?

it's worth a shot cooking it rolled, or cut the string's but it look's like they remove most of the fat (bad) and what do they do with the point? :confused:

I'll ask out about the 'point'. We also talked about tri-tips and he is still at a loss and thats when he told me the cuts were differant than you Yanks do it ( we get along like the side of the family you actually love) hence me searching for the link i posted. I let him know that I would come back to the forum and have a look about for a diagram of the right way to butcher like a pro and not like the Limey hack he is. lol.

Last but not least I told him all about Wyatt and I think Glyn wants to adopt him.

I also mentioned I like my meat a with more fat and he made a crude joke about his mother-n-law. Man I like this guy. LMAO!!

Just a bit of Pron..

256w6bs.jpg

iy3815.jpg

64l7d3.jpg

25qymnq.jpg

23jitfq.jpg

23jpufs.jpg

She is now resting and waiting to be sliced.

I'm afraid to tell you till after I slice into it. ROFL!!
I went just a tad higher than you recomemded though.

Wel, us YANKS may have different cuts, but I guess it doesn't matter about the cut if it turns out as good as yours looks! Hoping to see a pic of that critter sliced.......

I'll take them as soon as we open er up and post them.

Here we go folks let me know what ya think..

315iec1.jpg

Looks great - but the proof of the pudding is in the tasting - how was it???

Also - on the website - what's up with all the salting???

ivbf49.jpg

3481u37.jpg

pok7s.jpg

I am very happy with the result. I took it to just over internal then kicked the drum up to 300 plus to finish it off. Bubba is this the medium rare you requested? :)

My official taster is in bed because he has school in the morning( it's midnight here) but the second in charge ( wife) informed me... that she is very pleased.

* edited so we don't go straight to the woodpile*

DRKY you must be driveing them crazy over there. loooking good ole chap,(smile) smoke on Bro. :-D:cool:

Great looking food.

BTW there's a picture of a rolled brisket somewhere on the forum. Probably from Ian Mack or someone else.

Back