• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Crappy 'Ol Round Steak

ModelMaker

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
I found one last round steak in the freezer and since I haven't proned in a long time and it's not ideal BBQ weather out I thought I'd share what I did with my crappy old round steak.
First before it was fully thawed I sliced it against the grain on the bias.
1.jpg
I had a loaf of focacia bread sitting on the counter and figured it would work also.
2.jpg
Gathered up a few ingrediants to make a braising liquid for the beef slices. I simmered the slices in the liquid for an hour until they were tender and then reduced the liquid via hard simmer until it was all but gone. What a Intense flavor booster that was!
3.jpg
Chopped up a sweet onion and green pepper and simmered in butter till they just started to brown up and get all sweet.
4.jpg
I split the focacia and dug out about half of the middle so there would be room for the goodness to come. I buttered the halves and browned them in the broiler. Then started loading it up. I spread some mayo on and then the meat on both halves the onion/peppers on one half and fresh shreded baby swiss on the other.
5.jpg
Put the whole works back in the oven for ten minutes and put it back together.
6.jpg
Cut it into fourths added a few Lays (you can't eat just one) and sat down to watch Survivor. I had half of a second quarter just because it so dang good.
7.jpg
So next time all you got is a crappy 'ol round steak turn it into a Focacia Cheese Steak..
Ed
ModelMaker

Sort of like a down home Muffaletta? Looks fan-freaking-tastic!

Back