• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Finally got to break in the new smoker...(PRON included)

Sweetsmoke87

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Well about two weeks ago I made the trip to Oklahoma to pick up my new to me smoker. I cleaned it all up, seasoned it and was ready to break it in. Well we broke it in alright. Put about 200lbs of meat on it. Pork ribs, beef ribs, 2 briskets, 3 shoulders, pork belly, chicken thighs and quarters, outer skirt steak, turkey legs and I thinks a few others. It cooked amazing, all the food came out great! Had about 60 people over for food, and had a ton of left overs.

I was worried about the smoker I purchased based on some reviews I have seen here and on the net. But decided to go ahead and purchase it anyways. It is a Greasy hill smoker. 2015 reverse flow model with the larger vent stack, and correct size opening from firebox. Also has the 42" grill and rib box on it. I wasn't sure what to expect with it but was pleasantly surprised. Was able to get temps up to 375-400 if needed and was able to maintain about 250 with ease. It did not burn through a lot of wood to keep temps. I have used all parts of this smoker so far except the deep fryer setup on the back side. It had no issues handling all of that meat. Temps stayed within 8 degrees left to right once I got is all settled in.

Thanks to a lot of you guys for the information on this forum about reverse flows, fire management, cooking times and temps. It made the first big cook fairly easy.

Attachments

• 36776635_10214039461594137_5490644083347030016_o.jpg
    36776635_10214039461594137_5490644083347030016_o.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 528
That's how it's done! :thumb:

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Hmmm...

My invitation must have been delivered to the wrong house.

:becky:

Congrats on the new toy!

Congratulations, you sure know how to break in a new cooker.

Congratulations on your new smoker....looks sweet!!
And, you really know how to break a new smoker in.....nice job.

Thanks guys, I'm really happy how it came out. Did another 75lbs for a grad party this weekend that tdurned put just amazing. Now for the next purchase a hog roaster!!!

Back