Moving to fast

Jermo,$50, c'mon maaaannn!!!!!!!

:loco::razz::razz: okay...you drive a hard bargin...$60, and I will even throw in real money. :laugh:

Seriously, if I was able, i would make a real offer; especially since you are only two hours away. I really like the design and capacity of the OC smokehouses. After i saw one for real last year and saw it is taller than me, I was sold.

sorry you had bad experience, I have only had mine a year and I love burning sticks, my other cooker get used much more but I'm in for the long hall

Jermo, yes that beast is tall and heavy, not sure how well it smokes, still brand new

IMnotalwaysHO

Jermo, yes that beast is tall and heavy, not sure how well it smokes, still brand new

It is just a more convenient version of a UDS....that can burn sticks. I would prolly look at one of those before a super nice barrel

Pjtexas, both, I really had no idea what i was getting into. It has been a very expensive lesson :oops:

Rather than focusing on the expense as that is now moot look at it from the experience and what advice you can offer others. In the end it will all work out, good luck on finding buyers.

My experience is a gas smoker 30+ years ago and now everything I do is stick burning on my HOS and fire ring grate.

Another victim of junky stick burners goes down....

:crazy:

......the O C over and under, not sure what i was chasing, so i sold all i had and purchased an O C Smokehouse. I then added a custom built reverse flow Fat Daddy smoker while not even using the Smoke house. You guessed it, i even added a wsm 18 again. Finally i realized that stick burning is not for me, after going through much money to get to this point. I was content when I 1st started with just my WSM's, stick burning took my joy away, chasing something i already had, great BBQ!!!!! :doh:

Okay... stick burners aren’t your favorite. You own it. It works. Keep it. Use it when you’re in the stickburning mood. If you aren’t don’t let it bother you, just use the WSM. I still have my stick burner and I know that there will be a day when it just sounds fun or you need to 2 different temps or have a bunch of meat to cook. Enjoy it..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Lastmajordude, i don't enjoy the process of stick burning, that's my issue that i come to realize

sorry Smitty, honesty just bit me in the ass today, i am now healed!!!!!!!

And that's the reason every hardcore stick burner also has a charcoal cooker or three. There fantasy and reality are completely different realms

You absolutely cannot speak for everyone. Just because you couldn't cut it burning sticks doesn't mean everyone calls it quits too.

Czarbeque, it's not that i couldn't cut it, i don't enjoy that process was my point

Please no arguments fellow brethren, stick burning just isn't for everyone, i would just tell people that are thinking of getting into stick burning, understand what that process is, then make your decision

Back