View Single Post
Old 06-01-2021, 03:23 PM   #10
SmoothBoarBBQ
is One Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : Donnie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin James View Post
Update....

So I talked to Webstaurant and they told me the same thing, if you use it at home it voids the warranty. They said it's because they can't send a technician to your home. BUT they also said that for warranty claims they instruct you to contact the manufacturer.

So I called and spoke with Metro and they advised that what Webstaurant said is totally incorrect and that they have many customers running small food businesses from their homes and they are absolutely covered under the manufacturers warranty. The only thing that would void the warranty is improper use (such as trying to plug the unit in to the wrong outlet type etc. which was the CS reps example).

She also said these units have minimal problems and the module is removable, so in the case of a problem I could just take it to the nearest service center which she gave me the info for and is pretty close.

I am going to see about maybe installing a separate circuit for it in the garage, but either way I'm seriously thinking about picking one of these up.
Good to go and thanks for responding with the new information. Good luck with whatever you choose to do and I hope it works out.