cleanest burning non-stick burner?

when I had the offset I burned a very clean fire. if I would compare the two cookers and say they produce similar results compared charcoal based units. light smoke and good bark created by high airflow.

maybe it was just how I ran my fire, no smoke really leaves the stack but I know others here do the same

Have you considered changing your screen name to "light smoke ninja" or "just the perfect amount of smoke ninja?"

KBQ C-60. I've never eaten anything cooked on one but it looks sweet.

I really like the Karubecue but unfortunately it really isn't any more convenient than your typical offset smoker. It still requires babysitting. Not a knock in anyway but it's not a set it and forget it type of smoker. A fantastic compact offset smoker though. Highly recommend!

i want a non stick burner that burns pure blue smoke. i love my stick burner but sometimes i want to set and forget. my wsm is the ultimate set and forget but... sometimes it can produce a little too much smoke while you sleep. i know nothing can touch the smoothness of a stick burner but whats the second best?

You seek The Grail.

That thin blue has a lot to do about fuel. Not every load of fuel is equal. It's not the cooker.

i want a non stick burner that burns pure blue smoke. i love my stick burner but sometimes i want to set and forget. my wsm is the ultimate set and forget but... sometimes it can produce a little too much smoke while you sleep. i know nothing can touch the smoothness of a stick burner but whats the second best?

You my friend are the prefect candidate for a pellet grill !!

nuff said

nBDYr9mh.jpg

I would vote pellet grill too. If you wanted cleaner for charcoal, you probably want a cooker that doesn't drip fat on the fire like a Humphries or something...unless you already prevent that in the WSM. Then, back to the pellets!

You seek The Grail.

That thin blue has a lot to do about fuel. Not every load of fuel is equal. It's not the cooker.

Indeed. As is said, it's not what ya got, it's how you use it.

If you are not getting the result you want look at what you are burning and how and then adjust. I get the impression that you want perfection and you want it right now. I believe you have said you want to compete. My advice would be cook, cook, cook , trying different ways until you get close to what you want then dial it in with small adjustments. I don't think a piece of equipment is going to do it for you.

Last edited:
I think the issue is with the title. The cleanest burning smoker will be the pellet smoker. I’ve learned from my comparison of the MAK and Yoder, not all are equal. Flavor profile is not the question of the OP. That’s completely user dependent.

I think the issue is with the title. The cleanest burning smoker will be the pellet smoker. I’ve learned from my comparison of the MAK and Yoder, not all are equal. Flavor profile is not the question of the OP. That’s completely user dependent.

whick pellet smoker do you prefer... yoder or mak?

whick pellet smoker do you prefer... yoder or mak?

If I had to pick one right now, I’d say MAK for sure. But to be fair, I had the MAK for 4 years so I know how it cooks and what temperature it likes for certain food. Still figuring out the Yoder and what temp, time it likes. I’ve also been playing with Yoder’s damper to see if it really makes any difference. The MAK puts out more smoke flavor. On certain things, that’s perfect. Others, it could actually over smoke. With the tests I’ve been doing, I’ve learned anything with sugar rubs on it will create a tougher bark on the MAK if cooked at same temp and time as Yoder. Not sure why, though. Hopefully today’s chicken test will tell me more!

Back