Thread: Moving to fast
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2018, 12:55 PM   #59
Stlsportster
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Parental Assigned Label

So Smitty has a thread he bumps periodically for the newbs who havent seen it....title is 'Figure it Out BEFORE You Buy'

Thats the whole idea...dont buy unless you understand what you are getting into. Are you looking for a specific flavor, a convenience, a size, a method....are you limited by your HSA, or your location and availability of fuel? Good to research and think about these options before you buy and then figure out you dont like it later.

Now, there are others out there who have to learn what they like by touch and feel and taste. In my case, I was always the kid at scout campouts who liked to build and stoke the fire. I find that relaxing. To me the transition to a stick burner was natural...and I really enjoy the process...not to mention the flavor.

I found out through experimentation that I didnt like the flavor or the dependency on electric of a pellet smoker. I found out through the same experimentation that I liked the flavor of charcoal better than pellets, but could often taste an off flavor from briquettes.

I still have the PBC for convenience, but use it about 1 to 15 vs my Lang. YMMV...which is the point...get the smoker that is right for YOU.
Stlsportster is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->