• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

BBQ Brethren *OFFICIAL* IMBAS MOINK Ball Certificates now available!

Here are mine.
photo1-2_zpsf73ae2f8.jpg
photo2-2_zps12279218.jpg
photo1-3_zps9f93f12c.jpg

Will these work? MOINK'S with home made jalapeño jelly glaze!

It looks like you will need to clear the IMBAS Sgt. At Arms official investigation before I can give you a cert. I have your cert ready, we just need to get some details from you, fill out some forms, get some lab work done, etc. The usual.

I was going to try these but I will have no proof that the meat is all beef, I butcher my own beef?

Honestly, we don't require packaging that says beef or anything. Just at least tell us it's 100% pure beef, maybe even a picture that helps to back that up if you are so inclined.

It's not that big of a deal. But it would not be right to go by without a single question if someone simply posts a pic with no description of what they are made out of. I mean, it could be ground turkey and the person had no idea it needed to be beef. Had they known, maybe they would have made them out of beef to start with.

If someone wants to pull one by us, posting a pic of ground lamb, or no prep pics at all and simply say, "I am using 100% pure ground beef" when in fact they are not using beef, with the intention of getting a certificate despite not using 100% pure beef, well, yes I will give a certificate for it, but shame on anyone who does that!:mad: It's not like we can be there to make sure.:tsk:

We are essentially using the honor system. But we are also trying to educate people. So if people do not indicate in their posts some understanding of what the requirements are to be certified as MOINK, then it is our duty to "test" them, to make sure they pass. This is as much about passing on knowledge of the origin of MOINK and what MOINK truly are as it is about getting a silly little certificate. Although, it is the ONLY IMBAS Certified MOINK Certificate in the universe, which is not silly at all. But still, you get the idea, it's just a virtual piece of paper for a dish someone cooked, most likely just for fun or just because they were hungry and thought it sounded good.

That's it.

This is not the gestapo.

Although we do like tying people up and stuff.

That's a whole different story though.

Oh, nope. Sorry. I can't seem to keep track of all you certified MOINK farkers. But, I would be fine with issuing another certificate for those fine balls you have, if you would like.

Here is the link to my submission. One question...Do we need to "re-certify" on an annual basis?

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=180909

Those look great! At the IMBAS Sgt at Arms, I must criticize you for misspelling MOINK! There is a penalty tax for such, too. HOWEVER, since you used Brethren rubs and sauce, I am willing to waive the tax, as long as from now on you capitalize MOINK! Let's consider you on a one month probation. :shocked:

Oh, nope. Sorry. I can't seem to keep track of all you certified MOINK farkers. But, I would be fine with issuing another certificate for those fine balls you have, if you would like.

I could find my previous submission either, maybe it was just a dream. If you are will to issue another I would appreciate it.

Will do. I'm on my phone now so I can't make it at the moment, but will very soon.

Yes! My balls are certified and they must be extra special. I got a smiley face!

Last edited:
Yes! My balls are certified and they must be extra special. I got a smiley face!
It's true. Your balls did make me smile.

Truth be told though, when I put your screen name on your cert, it was so off center I felt I just had to fill in the space on the right with something. I wasn't sure if I could draw a MOINK as good as yours with my Sharpie, so I did a smiley face.

Application for a MOINK Ball Certificate

Hey, Biggie! Check out my balls! MOINK balls, that is. :laugh:

Made MOINKS with traditionally-raised ground beef, ground pickling spice, worcestershire sauce, powdered onion & garlic, raw sea salt and steel cut oats. I liked the idea of carrying the pickling spice flavours from the onions to the MOINKS. I noticed Pitmaster T mentioned MOINKS were made from frozen meatballs a few days ago on a thread. I thought about it and agreed because the frozen (and in my case uncooked) centre would give the bacon more time to crisp. Good idea. Off my meatballs went to the freezer. Not so easy to put toothpicks in frozen meatballs, though! I could just get them poked superficially so 30 minutes into smoking I ran out and poked them properly.

Out from the deep freeze.

Initiation in Dragona's fiery belly.

I wanted a deeper colour on the bacon so I brushed honey with granulated garlic on to get what I wanted. Made the bacon beautifully brown and crunchy.

:hail: Please find my submission worthy of an Official MOINK Baller Certificate. All Hail, Kink of MOINK!

Back