First Brisket

Looks good, Stan! I bet you learned tons on this cook. This is what keeps us all cooking.

My buddy who had never done a brisket before got cocky and decided he was going to "Show me how its done". He turned it into a meteorite. It looked like it was in a house fire. It was not edible in any way. Straight to the trash can. I never laughed so hard in my life. He still hears it from me each time he starts to brag.

Yours looks edible either way so you did great.

Bet I would like some of that
Looks good from here mate

Looks great to me,mine always stalls in the 160 neighborhood and never below. Coarse I grab the biggest 1 in the cooler lol

Ten hours. Certainly a reasonable time to cook, sounds like you did everything just right. I suspect it will be fantastic.

My buddy who had never done a brisket before got cocky and decided he was going to "Show me how its done". He turned it into a meteorite. It looked like it was in a house fire. It was not edible in any way. Straight to the trash can. I never laughed so hard in my life. He still hears it from me each time he starts to brag.

Yours looks edible either way so you did great.

Bragging is the Highway to Humiliation. :heh:

That is quite an impressive 1st brisket! My first was like eating the inside of a golf ball. Kudos to you!

Every brisket is an adventure. Yours certainly looks moist, which is a big part of the equation. Keep it up. I've learned a lot from this site and yo seem to have been given good advice. Did I miss it or how large was the brisket?

Looks good to me!
You learn with each cook.
Nice job.
Just bought some KOSMOS brisket injection mix so that will be in my next brisket!

Back