Best rubs and sauces

Naturrific Q salt is probably my most used, all purpose seasoning. I would say I grill with it a lot more than I smoke, but I do also use it as a base for a more traditional BBQ rub quite often.Their harvest brine is great too. Just today I got some hot salt from them and can't wait to try it out. Lots of potential. I have not tried any of their other rubs yet.

Oakridge BBQ takes up the most space in my cabinets (and closet). In fact I have a tote dedicated to just Oakridge stuff. Smokey Chili Lime, Spogos, Dominator and Game Changer brine are probably my most used from them, but I have and use many others as well.

Plowboys Yardbird is a given. Other honorable mentions I toss in the mix are Killer Hogs, Meat Church, Sucklebusters, Simply Marvelous and Kosmos.

Sauces, I'm always trying new things and can't say I have a favorite go to sauce yet. Nothing has blown me away, but there are so damn many options I have not tried yet. It seems I use them less and less nowadays.

images
Always frustratingly popular compared to my weird rubs, it's a St. Louis BBQ chip
images

I have not heard about this Albukirky seasoning but am about to spend some money I shouldn't, for what that's worth.. LOL

Gary, I think Oakridge as well since Meatchurch is out. I have enjoyed Kosmos Q, Simply Marvelous, and cool smoke as well.

John is sending me some samples. Can't wait to taste them! Looking at Kosmos and Oakridge as well
Thanks for all the replies. :)

492481-52664d6d5c65888af852856544cff1d2.jpg

very very straightforward bbq flavor, maybe a little on the montreal/pastrami end because i used a LOT of peppercorns

488836-869c95ce8b4115ace73cbcf6c5379c9d.jpg

this was a weird one with szechuan peppercorns, 5-spice and a "thai green curry powder" thats very lemongrass forward, lavender herbs de provence

488837-f96e241d8421500ca5c0d26c4999f18d.jpg

real cheap to buy bulk spices if you're remotely close to a bulk place. those chiles were from hispanic-town here( each bulk bag was $2-3, the cascabellas with the fancy labels were the pricey ones at $5/lb lol) and i get the most excited when im downtown and can stop by an asian market.

Rubs that will always have a spot in my pantry:
AlbuKirky's Green Chile Rub and Anchonero Rub
Naturiffic Q-Salt & Harvest Brine
Oakridge Santa Maria, Secret Weapon, Smokey Chile Lime, SPOGOS, Black Ops, Carne Crosta
Hardcore Carnivore Red
John Henry's Pecan and Lemon Pepper Garlic
Simply Marvelous Cherry

Here's some of my favorites delivered yesterday. Big poppas cash cow is one that I'll always have also

Attachments

• 0416211839.jpg
    0416211839.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 63
I also love to shop for new and interesting ingredients when visiting ethnic markets! You can learn a lot and really open up your world there.!:-D

Back