View Single Post
Old 04-28-2019, 10:19 PM   #4
AKMIMNAK
Take a breath!

Name/Nickname : Jonathan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillN View Post
One recommendation cut a piece of expanded metal just smaller than the size of your FB burn grate and lay it on the burn grate and your coals won't drop through so quick. Also I have always used KBB charcoal to start my fire and have never had an issue with it not starting my splits within seconds.
Yes, I need to get the expanded metal ASAP. Will be a big help. KBB will do the job, I just think lump is the better tool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free Mr. Tony View Post
I would scrap the charcoal altogether personally. I have actually never seen a fire built quite like you had it going in the video. I would take 6 logs, criss cross them, hit them with a weed burner, and call it good. You will get a solid coal bed way quicker than whatever you are doing with lump. I never understood why people waste so much charcoal in a stick burner for really no reason.
Yeah, I know a lot of guys like doing it this way. The "power" method :) Personally, I am not a fan of propane tanks. It's a pain to me having them lying around taking up space and having to exchange empties. If I had a pickup and a house with property and storage, maybe. But I live in a townhouse with no yard to call my own and a small garage. And worse, no pickup. I don't want propane tanks around. Plus, a chimney of lump might be 50 cents. Not really wasting too much, just a preferred way of starting.
Want a chance at a free Lone Star Grillz 20x42 with Offroad Package? Subscribe to my YouTube channel and share the video below everywhere you can on social media! If we hit 100K subs by June 15, 2020 I'll be giving one away right on my channel. Thanks for your help and good luck!

LSG 20x42 Giveaway Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uddf7HM5WDM
AKMIMNAK is offline   Reply With Quote