• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Hello from Afghanistan

TexArlina BBQ

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
What’s up brethren! On a “vacation” for a few months with my maintenance boys. We have use of a very nice offset smoker here and a supply line to acquire meat. I wanted to reach out and see if anyone that makes bbq rubs would be interested in making a donation so I can feed my guys/gals something other than this dfac garb at some point during our stay. Thanks fellas!

Okay just checked Amazon, Afghanistan is not a country they ship to. Any idea how much shipping a couple bottles or maybe we can get something going with the other brethren to ship a larger quantity.

Okay just checked Amazon, Afghanistan is not a country they ship to. Any idea how much shipping a couple bottles or maybe we can get something going with the other brethren to ship a larger quantity.

US Mail! It may take a while but, it gets there eventually.

I would be willing to pitch in 20 on the costs...paypal works bets for me...PM me if something comes together.

TexArlina...thanks for your service and stay safe!!

The APO is a standard US Mail address and does not require any additional postage fees, or any international shipping costs. However a customs declaration might be required, which can easily be completed on-line with the click and ship at https://reg.usps.com/entreg/LoginAc...L=https://cns.usps.com/labelInformation.shtml

I have regularly shipped to Service Members in South Korea, Afghanistan, UAE, and Germany with no issues. It does take a week, sometime almost two weeks to arrive, so perishable items are obviously out of the question.

A rough estimate of number of guys and gals in the unit might be helpful for us on this end.

Yes sir I do...

Jerry B. Wall
455 EAMXS/C-130J AMU
Unit 94108
APO, AE 09352

The APO is a standard US Mail address and does not require any additional postage fees, or any international shipping costs. However a customs declaration might be required, which can easily be completed on-line with the click and ship at https://reg.usps.com/entreg/LoginAc...L=https://cns.usps.com/labelInformation.shtml

I have regularly shipped to Service Members in South Korea, Afghanistan, UAE, and Germany with no issues. It does take a week, sometime almost two weeks to arrive, so perishable items are obviously out of the question.

A rough estimate of number of guys and gals in the unit might be helpful for us on this end.

We do have some rubs left from our outgoing rotation but they used it for cooks over the holidays. Can’t really divulge much info on personal etc. for opsec reasons but we run 24/7......so lots of mouths.

Thanks for your service - My son did a hitch running a DFAC at FOB Frontnac/Pacemaker in 2013.

If I had a rough estimate or goal, I would try to put something together if any wishes to contribute to a combined cause.

I would hate to send too little and not have enough, or send too much and have it go bad in the heat and humidity before it could be used.

I know one rub producers that would be happy to help out with discounts, and maybe even the possibility of a contribution of something extra. They have always been generous and supporting of our people in uniform; whether it be the Military, the Police, or the Firemen.

Then again, Personally I couldn't just send you rubs, I'd have to send you some sauce to accompany it as well (LOL).

Hey - do you cook more pork, beef or both? How are you cooking in your offset? with wood or charcoal?

And thank you for your service!

Hey - do you cook more pork, beef or both? How are you cooking in your offset? with wood or charcoal?

And thank you for your service!

At home I like to cook it all, but here it looks like pork and chicken is going to be the protein easiest for us to get. The last group used charcoal and wood chunks. In the process of trying to get us some wood splits as the last group said the chunks weren’t quiet enough for the size of the smoker.

Thanks for your service, and for trying to feed your brothers and sisters right.

Count me for $20 if we are taking a collection.

I hope you have a chance to document the area around the smoker in-between IDF attacks and work out on the line.

Be safe. Kick some tail. Thanks for looking after your folks.

Best regards and thin blue to you and the rest of the wrench turners.

Okay, it seems as if I have a rough estimate for product, and they type of meat to be cooked.

Anyone wishing to contribute please PM me and I'll come up with a plan and an estimated proposed product shipment before you actually contribute to the cause.

In the PM please leave me your e-mail address.

Back