View Single Post
Old 01-25-2013, 10:20 AM   #36
rexbbq
Full Fledged Farker

I agree. FYI - The website is void of any notice of patent or patent pending and therefore I it appears that the pit barrel does not have any sort of intellectual property protection. In order to have protection one must provide notice (through a patent or patent pending number or TM notice) that they have or are acquiring protection. Maybe someone who has one can look at their unit to see if there is a number on it but from the website alone there is no showing of protection.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephan View Post
Not trying to rekindle a fire but when someone say "protected intellectual property"
are they saying a patent was issued or is it pending? For an invention to be patentable it must:
be statutory,
be new,
be useful, and
be nonobvious.
As far as intelectual property is concerned I think the whole Idea of the PBS is neat but I would be hard pressed to say its original and innovated. But unless you never copied a CD, VIDEO GAME, DVD, a song off the radio or bought a movie off a street vender. I would not be to inclined to accuse someone of stealing intellectual properties.
I am not providing any legal service or help and it is not intended as professional counsel and should not be used as such. You should contact your attorney to obtain advice with respect to any particular issue or problem.

Rex's Red Hot BBQ
[url]http://www.savoryreviews.com[/url]

KCBS & MABA Member
[B]Black Thermapen[/B] and Backup [B]Blue Thermapen[/B]!
BBQ Guru Shotgun Smoker, Traeger Lil Tex, Traeger Texas, Weber Performer, Weber OTS (X3), Weber Spirit (gasser)
rexbbq is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->