View Single Post
Old 07-22-2011, 07:46 PM   #43
caseydog
somebody shut me the fark up.

I've had some people PM me about what I think of certain cameras. I would love to help, but I only keep up with the kinds of cameras that I can use to make money with -- basically professional cameras. I worked my way through college at a camera store, but that was back when the earth was cooling, and digital referred to the fingers on your hands.

I buy a lot of my expendables online, but I buy my cameras from a local professional dealer, even though it costs me more to do that. They know I am a Nikon Professional, and if my D3 stops working, they will loan me another D3 while they get mine fixed. They take good care of me. That's worth something.

Buying your camera from a local camera store, and I'm not talking Best Buy, but a real camera store, is worth it, IMO. They will take time to help you make a good choice, and they will teach you how to use your new camera, and they will talk to you when you have a problem figuring out how to do something with your camera.

I will give a plug to one under $500 camera -- one I just bought, and really like. I need a compact camera to get into tight places on the classic cars I photograph. I recently added a Canon G12 to my camera gear, and I am very impressed with it. A lot of pros are doing the same.

I may just use it for my next throwdown entry, just for grins. It's not likely to hurt my odds of winning, which are pretty slim even with the D3.

CD
caseydog is offline   Reply With Quote