Cutting board recommendations

I have several wood board that are great.
I also have some plastic from Rest Dep. that are also very good.

You will be fine with either as long as it is kept very clean.

I have several wood board that are great.
I also have some plastic from Rest Dep. that are also very good.

You will be fine with either as long as it is kept very clean.

You have a Lang 60 AND a Lang 84?

<---- Lang envy . . . .

I'm somewhat partial to plastic, but nothing wrong with a good wood board. I tend to like the plastic because they are more easily expendable than the wood ones in the event of replacement or (in the case of wood mainly) breakage. Plus they are thinner and generally more convenient in my opinion. There's still something to be said about wood though. They are mighty nice. I'm probably weird in that I like to replace my cutting boars every so often anyway, making plastic a lot more attractive. I just don't like the idea of cutting my meat on something that has been used forever. I have not found a disposable one that was both at the right price and up to the task however.

As far a Bacteria is concerned...Wood is probably a bit better than
plastic.

But; plastic is easier to use...and I bought ones that were rated
Dishwasher safe..they come out of the Dishwasher looking like new.

Lastly...damp towels work OK to keep your cutting board from sliding
around...for a while.
The best thing I have found is a rubber type of "Shelf Liner" material.
You can buy it in small rolls at most any Grocery store, Walmart, Home
Depot, Lowes, Target, etc.
Cut it to whatever size you need. Below is a picture of my cutting
board with some of the shelf liner material underneath it...in Blue.

999jm.jpg

What you want is that material that you put in tool boxes or material for lining cupboard cabinets to prevent slippage. Throw a piece of that stuff underneath your cutting board and she is solid as a rock. Once you try that you will never be without it again...

Lastly...damp towels work OK to keep your cutting board from sliding around...for a while. The best thing I have found is a rubber type of "Shelf Liner" material. You can buy it in small rolls at most any Grocery store, Walmart, Home Depot, Lowes, Target, etc. Cut it to whatever size you need. Below is a picture of my cutting board with some of the shelf liner material underneath it...in Blue.

999jm.jpg

Bingo. Thanks for the pic Grillman!

I saw some plastic ones at Gander Mountain last weekend. I'm thinking of buying one of those before deer season. They had at least 2 different sizes, maybe three.

Back