Need help buying new smoker

D

D Cooper

I have a 24x40 with offset fire box on trailor. very nice but I have to add charcoal after 3-4 hrs after starting with 10 lbs of hardwood. Can run on gas but have to add wood every 2-3 hrs. I am looking at gravity fed smoker by Kountry Cookers, Stump, etc. I hear they can roll for 10+ hours with out having to monitor. I just want to be able to throw on butts, etc and not have to worry about my fire. The trailor is nice and I know the others arent as easy to haul around. The titan 4 by Kountry Cookers is 440 lbs and could be loaded into my truck. I also have a utility trailor.

I thought about trying to modify my cooker with fire brick, etc. to get more heat retention. I dont want to invest time and money for little results. Any advice would be appreciated.

There are a bunch out there. You already know about Stump. How about Spice Wine, Backwoods, Klose. The list goes on and on. Good luck. But wait, UDS!

Stumps is not a bad smoker and made right up the road from me and I have seen alot of them in use but the field is wide open just do your homework

Stumps Smokers

stretchontrailer2.jpg
Without question the way to go...Mine is getting shipped out monday afternoon!!! Just around the corner from where you are so go ahead on the Stumps forum and ask how everyone likes theres....

JD, Is that the actual pic of your stumps before they shipped it? Looks mighty fine.

I had my stumps go for 30 hours straight one time - they are very fuel efficient for how much meat you can cook - great cooker for sure

I'd go backwoods, way cheaper and very fuel efficient, I can get 10-12 hours on my party everytime.

Back