• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

January ***SPECIAL*** "New Year’s Resolution: Healthy & Delicious" Throwdown (Entry & Discussion Thread) LASTS All Month!!

Moose

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Our New January SPECIAL

Throwdown Category is...

"New Year's Resolution: Healthy & Delicious!"

3S08vbMh.jpg

This was LYU370's entry in the 2020 "Chicken Breast Throwdown

CATEGORY DESCRIPTION - PLEASE READ:

1. Let’s see what you can cook up that’s healthy – lower in calories & fat, but big on flavor! Lean grilled meats, poultry, and fish come to mind, as well as salads and stir frys, just to name a few possibilities!

2. MULTIPLE ENTRIES ARE ALLOWED and encouraged for this Throwdown only!

3. This is an open category, meaning you can cook whatever you like as long as it conforms to the above category description and follows Standard Throwdown Rules.

You may submit entries that are cooked from 12.31.21 through 1.31.22

Entry pictures must be submitted by Noon Central US Time on 1.31.22.

Click here to read the rules for the BBQ Brethren Throwdowns...

Best of luck and even better eats to all!

Last edited:
Pork Tenderloin

What an appropriate category for a TD.... plus, the back-dating to last week worked out perfectly for my entry. :clap2: And I think, just maybe, this might be three personal first's for this Throwdown.

First, I'm skipping my usual 16 photo documentary, second, I did not include a single pit shot.:shocked: And third, I'm not creating a thread in Q-Talk, opting to post right here in the Discussion and Voting Thread. What I did not skip however.... is my carefree use of grammar and wrangling with sentence structure. :mrgreen:

Anyways, my entry is a pork tenderloin, trimmed of silver skin, brined in Oakridge Game Changer for five hours, then seasoned with black pepper, lemon pepper, followed up with a layer of Plowboy's Yardbird Rub, before finally grilling this bad boy, open-top style, on my SnS 22" grill until the internal temperature read 138°.

ERDOlbP.jpg

Please use the following sliced photo as my entry.

Ci2AjUg.jpg

Back