View Single Post
Old 02-04-2018, 08:26 AM   #2280
aah924
Found some matches.

Default Mini IVS tips

Thanks for all of the helpful info. I just completed my first cook, last night and had a 2am alarm that the pit temp dropped to around 180. I didn't have any issues, the night before when Inlet it run all night at 250 for the seasoning process. The main difference is that I did fill the water bin full, after up to 225. I drained the remaining water at 2am and opened the valves to get it back up to temp. I do have a DigiQ hooked up but do notice an appx 15 degree temp difference with the guru showing hitter than the smoker gauge. I did have the stack closed to appx 1/3 and the vent on the guru to appx 1/3 but the ball valve was open all of the way. When I went back down at 8 am the pit was at appx. 275 and the pork butts were done. Any suggestions overall? Is it normal to experience an appx 15 degree temp difference with the DigiQ being hotter? I do have the DigiQ tree probe holder and have it located appx level with the pit was my first cook, so I'm sure that it will take time to learn the pit. I am open to suggestions. Thanks!
aah924 is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->