Hey Bob ...good looking stuff brother!

OBTW Bob, you might want to put in some practice on wings. Not that you don't do good right now....just sayin. ;)

Last edited:
Hey Bob ...good looking stuff brother!

OBTW Bob, you might want to put in some practice on wings. Not that you don't do good right now....just sayin. ;)

No mas. How can compete against against a wing cook like this?

Pron shot

Aaaannnndd......
8Gf346

:thumb:That's some good lookin chicken!

Edit: sorry about the double post. My phone was acting goofy. I don't know how to delete posts of if it's possible. ..

If you want a really good chicken on the PB...spatchcock it and lay it on the grate....If you want flip it around 125* skin side down and take it to temp. Oh baby oh baby oh baby

Oh but have more lit coals...a full chimney (or more) with no unlit should do it. Let that sucker get screaming hot.

If you want a really good chicken on the PB...spatchcock it and lay it on the grate....If you want flip it around 125* skin side down and take it to temp. Oh baby oh baby oh baby

I'll keep hanging the chicken halves and then cracking the lid for last 20 minutes. Always makes the juiciest chicken. Just my haughty opinion!

I'll keep hanging the chicken halves and then cracking the lid for last 20 minutes. Always makes the juiciest chicken. Just my haughty opinion!

Bob on a serious note.. expand your horizons and try to cook different ways using different styles. Not only does it break up the monotony you'll learn different techniques and get good at them....all will give unique flavor profiles.

Different ways to cook using the same and different cookers you'll become even a better pitmaster.

I have maintained 260-270 for 10 hours,

Yeah that's cool.........I was thinking an average temp of 300. I wasn't sure if you'd have a thermometer in there or not.

Do you still have coals left? I'm curious to see how long it'll go

This is for Bob....but will he be afraid to drill in the PB? :noidea:

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00O83PVPE/ref=s9_simh_gw_p79_d0_i4?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=desktop-1&pf_rd_r=0DZ8JQV2Y9FDWDV5ZAD4&pf_rd_t=36701&pf_rd_p=2079475242&pf_rd_i=desktop"]Amazon.com: Wall Mounted Bottle Opener - Brushed Stainless Steel with Free Mounting Screws. Classic Vintage Wall Beer Bottle Openers: Kitchen & Dining@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/416Py49M25L.@@AMEPARAM@@416Py49M25L[/ame]

I let my PBC watch yesterday while my Weber OTS smoked a meatloaf. I must say that the ole barrel behaved quite well while on the sidelines. I don't even think it was jealous, just enjoyed a day off while someone else did the work. It knew it is pulling double-duty tomorrow, so I think that contributed to the PBC peacefulness.

I forgot my hooks on a campout and did the same thing. Yes it was delicious. And Ill bite on your fire management technique for the PBC!

Back