View Single Post
Old 01-05-2018, 11:09 PM   #1
Ufo8mycow
Knows what a fatty is.

Default UDS airflow idea

I picked up an 85 gallon salvage drum to build a new uds out of and I have an idea that I am considering and would like some opinions.

On my current 55 gallon uds when I have used my pit master iq 110 and now with my new guru CyberQ it seems like it is blowing more air in than it should be and is cooling off the pit. To be clear I’m not talking about draft, the fan is actually blowing out I have to close down the dampers manually to restrict how much air it can move.

I have a 1.5” tube that will go into the bottom center of the drum directly under the charcoal basket and ash pan so that it should evenly distribute air around the drum instead of from one side only.

I am also thinking about making a disk that will fit between the basket and drum wall so that all or at least most of the air will be forced to go through the basket instead of around it.

I haven’t decided how high the ring should be so I am thinking about making it adjustable bu using shelf rails and brackets to hold it and the cooking grates.

Hopefully the drawing that I have attached will make it clear.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (29.6 KB, 192 views)