View Single Post
Old 07-12-2015, 11:12 AM   #768
jjjonz
Take a breath!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar8302 View Post
Hello Everyone! Just discovered these forums and have been doing a lot of reading around here lately.

My PBC arrived in the mail today, pretty excited about getting to use it. Of course, it's going to have to wait a few days for these typhoons to pass, but oh well. Been smoking for the past 3 years or so on my 22in Weber Kettle with Smokenator accessory, and have managed to do a pretty darn good job with ribs, pulled pork, homemade bacon and brisket. Little nervous about the PBC in that there really is no grill temp monitoring. I can keep my weber between 225-250, adding 5-8 briquets every 40 minutes or so and that has always yielded excellent 'que. The one bad brisket was where the temp climbed to 350 for about 30 or 40 minutes. My briskets usually take 10-12 hours in the weber (~6.5 pound flat) so I'm curious to see how they do in the PBC.

Edit: I live in an extremely humid environment. Any tips for maintaining my cooker?
First welcome to the forum and watch those typhoons. Make sure you watch the videos on the PBC site and do EXACTLY what Noah says, you can experiment later. I would start out with chicken halves or quarters. Forget about how you cooked on the Webers, this is a new bird. Isn't that PBC a beauty ? You are going to love the way it cooks and the food from it. If we can help just holler.

Thanks from:--->