• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Will a Weber Smoker Lid fit on a Kettle???

tenpenny_05

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Hey Gents,

Long time lurker here. You guys are all awesome and seem to know your stuff and come here often for tips and tricks and I need some input that may seem like common sense:

Due to a move and a few strange circumstances, I have gotten rid of my 18" WSM and am currently in possession of a 22" weber kettle and a brand new lid with hardware for an 18" wsm.

I have been tossing around buying a cajun bandit/stacker type apparatus for my kettle, but an opportunity for a fairly new 18" kettle has came my way. So i thought about downgrading my 22" to an 18", buying an 18" stacker and using my surplus smoker lid.

Are you still following me here? haha. I know it may seem obvious, but I was hoping one of you could tell me that a WSM lid would fit on the corresponding size kettle bowl. All my endless internet searches have never shown this configuration, so any insight would be helpful.

Thanks!
Coby

The WSM lid won't fit on the kettle. It will fit on the stacker.

fwiw - I would keep the 22" kettle. The extra real estate is pretty handy.

I guess this makes me more confused. If you look on the cajun bandit website it says the stacker will work on both WSM and a kettle. So it doesn't make sense to me why a stacker would receive both a kettle and smoker lid. What makes a smoker lid not fit on a kettle?

The smoker lid actually sits inside the barrel (for a lack of a better term) and a kettle lid sits on the edge of the kettle.

Look at the cajun bandit rings that are reversible so that they fit both the WSM and Kettle...and it'll make sense.

Yep.
The rolled edge on a WSM lid is the same rolled edge as on a kettle charcoal bowl. The WSM lid will sit on the kettle bowl, but it will not be secure.
A kettle lid will fit on a WSM charcoal bowl though.

Back